This guide will show you how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Nexus 4 so you have the ability to install custom ROMS, themes, tweaks, and a lot more!
BACKUP your phone! This will do a factory reset on your phone!
1. Power off your phone.
4. Download and extract ClockworkModNexus4.zip using the link below.
5. Move the folder to your desktop.
Go to "Device Manager" on your Windows computer and find "Android Bootloader Interface" if you don't see that please watch the video tutorial located at the top of the article to find out how!
7. Open Command Prompt and type:
cd ClockworkModNexus4 fastboot oem unlock
8. Go to your phone and press the volume up and power button to unlock your bootloader.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-mako.img
10. Press the volume up 2x and power button to enter into "Recovery" mode.
11. Choose "wipe data/factory reset", then select "yes".
12. Next, select "+++++Go Back+++++" and choose "reboot system now".
13. You now have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your phone!
Here's how to enter into ClockworkMod Recovery mode:
Make sure your unplugged then, press the volume up, volume down, and power button all at the same time. When your phone vibrates let go of the power button, but keep holding onto the volume up and down button.
Press the volume up 2x and power button to enter into "Recovery" mode. Done!
Credits - ClockworkMod
FAQ:Q: I can’t get into recovery, it just shows an Android robot with its chest open.