This guide will show you how to root your Nexus 4 on Windows.
Root will allow you to get full "admin" access to your phone. Get full control to access files that you wouldn't have been able when you were "unrooted". Also you will be able to use great apps like Titanium Backup and SetCPU.
BACKUP your phone! This will do a factory reset on your phone!
1. Power off your phone.
5. Move the folder to your desktop.
6. Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
Go to "Device Manager" on your Windows computer and find "Android Bootloader Interface" if you don't see that please watch the video tutorial located at the top of the article to find out how!
7. Open Command Prompt and type:
fastboot oem unlock
8. Go to your phone and press the volume up and power button to unlock your bootloader.
9. Go back to Command Prompt and type:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-mako.img
10. Select the power button on your phone.
11. Since we just flashed ClockworkMod Recovery we automatically entered into ClockworkMod Recovery for the first time.
12. Choose "wipe data/factory reset", then select "yes".
13. Next, select "+++++Go Back+++++" and choose "reboot system now".
14. Once your phone finishes booting up transfer "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip" which in located in RootNexus4 folder, to your phone.
15. Next, we will enter back into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. Unplug your phone then, press the volume up, volume down, and power button all at the same time. When your phone vibrates let go of the power button, but keep holding onto the volume up and down button.
16. Press the volume up 2x and power button to enter into "Recovery" mode.
17. Select "install zip from sdcard" then, "choose zip from sdcard".
18, Go into "0/" folder and select "yes" after tapping on "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip".
19. Choose "+++++Go Back+++++" and tap on "reboot system now".
20. You are now rooted! To check if this root process succeed download Titanium Backup app and see if you get SU permission. If you do then your rooted!